The Beachport school opened in the middle of 1879 as a provisional school. It was under the Mt Muirhead board of advice, which met in Millicent on the first Sunday of alternate months.
In 1881 a new building was supplied which is still situated on the corner of Chambers & McCourt street Beachport. 1882 saw it gain a public school status. The Beachport Primary School was relocated to this site on teh 20th November, 1975.